Our update as of 1st March 2021
Revel Funeral Service would like to reassure you that our commitment to caring for the bereaved families / clients and their loved ones will remain paramount throughout this uncertain period and will continue to take every precaution.
In our efforts to protect families and everyone involved in arranging funerals, we are considering a range of infection control options in line with the latest advice given by Public Health England. We are also working with our local crematoria, Churches and burial grounds and our trade association SAIF (The National Society of Allied and Independent Funeral Directors) to ensure we comply with their coronavirus procedures.
If you are feeling unwell and feel you may pose a risk by attending a funeral, we would advise you to follow the NHS and Government guidelines and stick to the “Stay at Home” guidelines.
The following statements are now in action:
- Registration, the doctor will complete a Medical Certificate Cause of Death (MCCD) which they will electronically forward to the Registrars rather than you having to collect it from the hospital or surgery.
- On receipt of the Medical Certificate Cause of Death the Registrar will contact you to arrange a Registration Appointment over the telephone. The Registrars will then electronically send the relevant documents to us. Should the Doctor / Surgery give you the MCCD you can either deliver it to the Registrars by posting it through their letter box.
- Funeral arrangements can be made over the phone or if you wish to meet face to face arrangements can be made in our office with only two members from the same household. We would not be able to offer home arrangements / visits. The Office will be closed Saturdays until further notice however, if you need to arrange signing of documentation please telephone beforehand.
- Services at places of worship; maybe permitted at the discretion of the church. In such circumstances, we would be happy to arrange a memorial or thanksgiving service at a church or another venue at a later date.
- If your loved one has passed away at home, please contact us as usual. Our staff may have to wear full PPE to safeguard themselves and you. Please notify the caller if the death is due to Covid-19.
- Services at any venue could be cancelled. This could result in funeral services at crematoria being ‘live-streamed / webcast ’via the internet.
Crematoria are now limiting the amount of people allowed into each chapel. It is now mandatory for face coverings to be worn at all cremation funeral services.
Rainsbrook Crematorium, Avon Chapel 30 Mourners Webcast Available Rainsbrook Crematorium, Drayton Chapel 8 Mourners N/A Canley Crematorium, Cannon Hill Chapel 30 Mourners Webcast Available Canley Crematorium, Charter Chapel 30 Mourners Webcast Available Oakley Woods Crematorium, North Chapel 28 Mourners Wi-Fi available to live stream the service. Oakley Woods Crematorium, South Chapel 15 Mourners Wi-Fi available to live stream the service.
This is the same for graveside burial services.
Outside organisations will impose rules and restrictions – we will adapt our working practices to follow these.
- Limousine Travel, to only carrying those living in the same household (in line with social distancing guidance). Our vehicles are fitted with glass screens / partitions with separate air conditioning.
- Use of the chapel of rest will be by appointment only, we aim to protect our bereaved families and staff by restricting viewings. We will be only allowing two people (from the same household) per chapel visit, only for people not displaying symptoms of Covid-19. If your loved one’s death was coronavirus related, you may spend time with your loved one in our chapel of rest, but the coffin will be closed to prevent any further infection and to keep you and our staff safe.
- We would also be unable to conduct any ‘into church’ provision or ‘into house’ or ‘open casket’ during this period.
- Donations, all charitable collections should be done online.
We will update as we can.
If you would like to talk to us, please call 02476 544953 / 01788 832126.
For further information please follow the link below to the NHS information page.